I write and create memes about must-see TV to get audiences talking on social media for AMC, CBS Drama and CBS Reality in the UK region, for Sundance South Africa and for AMC Africa.
Previously, I’ve written about Pokémon for BuzzFeed, about Marvel films for MCM Buzz, and about cute robots that will eventually rule the world for I F*cking Love Science.
I’ve been a Waterstones bookseller, a spelling bee finalist, and a Games Maker for the London 2012 Olympics but the meme-making is my joie de vivre.
- Create reactive social content and memes utilising AMC’s portfolio for engaging social posts, trending hashtags, cast birthdays, and local and international celebratory days across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Promote award-winning TV and films by curating an attractive digital presence, engaging with fans and fanbases on social media, responding quickly to questions and comments
- Wrote sharp, shareable tweets and posts, and tailored content for MailOnline’s 11 million social media followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Was solely in charge of live-tweeting the 2016 Brit Awards on Daily Mail Celeb’s Twitter, alongside creating GIFs from the event’s livestream, and interacting with official and audience-generated trending hashtags. Achieved 3.9 million impressions and a 4.5% engagement rate with over 32,900 link clicks, 5,800 retweets, and 10,200 likes driving traffic to MailOnline’s Brit Awards microsite in a 12-hour period
- Managed MailOnline’s Instagram with the aim of growing follower count by sourcing photos from MailOnline’s articles. Increased followers from approximately 50,000 to over 200,000 in three months with daily posts and engaging hashtags
- Generated ideas based on weekly themes to create original, funny, and informative content for the Buzz, News, Science, Celeb, and Life sections of the BuzzFeed UK website, while also learning about BuzzFeed’s editorial standards and ethics guide
- Observed a surge in people complaining about Amazon’s excessive use of packaging so I wrote “27 Times Amazon Packaging Needed To Chill The F*** Out”, which trended on BuzzFeed with over 600,000 views, and reached the daily Top 10 of BuzzFeed posts
- Pitched and wrote articles on the latest pop culture and entertainment news, with a focus on the Marvel and DC superhero genre, including trailer and film reviews
- Reported live from the UK’s biggest modern pop culture event, London Comic Con, on special guest panels featuring Q&As with film and TV stars, such as Daniel Radcliffe for Horns, and Aisha Hinds and Mackenzie Lintz for CBS’ TV adaptation of Stephen King’s Under The Dome
- Interviewed comic book writers, webcomic creators and illustrators, and reported from the press events of upcoming films
- Pitched, researched and wrote 5-10 articles daily on popular science, technology and the environment, conducted interviews with innovators within these industries, reaching an audience of 45 million monthly unique visitors
- Created an introductory series about well-known and unknown animals for their relevant world awareness days, such as World Polar Bear Day (February 27), World Penguin Day (April 25) and World Turtle Day (May 23), which often achieved over 50,000 shares on Facebook